Monday, May 26, 2014

May 25, 2014.

California Shooting Victim Was Big-Hearted, Athletic, Academic

"How many fingers, Winston?"

ISLA VISTA, Calif.----She was a spunky bundle of contradictions: a math geek and an athlete; a sorority girl who made an effort to include outsiders.

"Four. I suppose there are four. I would see five if I could. I am trying to see five."

Veronika Weiss, a 19-year-old freshman at University of California, Santa Barbara, was one of six UC Santa Barbara students killed Friday night in a rampage that left the suspected gunman, Elliot Rodger, dead too.

"Which do you wish: to persuade me that you see five, or really to see them?"

Late Sunday afternoon, Santa Barbara County Sheriff officials released the names of Mr. Rodger's first three alleged victims and said two of them were his roommates. The three young men were stabbed to death before Mr. Rodger set out on his shooting rampage through the college town, investigators said.

No comments:

Post a Comment