Friday, May 23, 2014

May 23, 2014.

(was in the middle of a move so I've missed a couple of sessions. I've picked up from my last retype here)

For New Graduates, Path to a Career Is Bumpy

"You are a slow learner, Winston," said O’Brien gently.

ST. LOUIS----Bailey Kinney graduated from the University of Missouri-St. Louis a week ago with a bachelor's degree and a 3.9 grade-point average. She finished in three years, did unpaid internships over the summers and held part-time jobs throughout her college career.

"How can I help it?" he blubbered. "How can I help seeing what is in front of my eyes? Two and two are four."

The day after graduation, she went to work as a receptionist making $8.50 an hour.

"Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five. Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It is not easy to become sane."

"I know I have to pay my dues," said Ms. Kinney, a media-studies major. "But I'm anxious to get started and find a job in my field; I'll pretty much do anything."

No comments:

Post a Comment