Saturday, August 16, 2014

August 16, 2014.

BMW 535d: This Eco Car Is No Diesel in Distress

He paused, and went on in a gentler tone:

NOT THE DIESEL thing again.

"You are improving. Intellectually there is very little wrong with you. It is only emotionally that you have failed to make progress. Tell me, Winston----and remember, no lies: you know that I am always able to detect a lie----tell me, what are your true feelings towards Big Brother?"

Believe me, if I could, I would just avoid even mentioning the fact that the BMW 535d burns diesel fuel instead of premium gasoline. Why? Because you don't get the crazy email I get, OK? Diesel advocates, the true believers, scare me. They have an agenda and dwell in tunnels between gas stations.

"I hate him."

No, please! I'm not interested in your spreadsheet on the "diesel-payback period," the time it takes to recoup in fuel savings the additional cost of a diesel powertrain. Thank you for the picture of your uncle's million-mile 1983 Mercedes-Benz diesel S-class. Think of all the traffic he held up.

No comments:

Post a Comment